Monday, April 17, 2006

A Question About Language

Since I was bored last night while I wandered around online, I went to check out the personals at Craigslist. It was just something to keep my brain active a little longer before bed. Then I noticed on three different postings a word that I had never heard used before. My brain took a minute or two to wrap around the use of the word but I'm still kind of a little off.

The word in question?

Fluffy.

Now this has nothing to do with the whole furry thing though I can't definately guarentee it. The way that it was used in the personal ads was as sort of a space between normal weight and being a BBW. There weren't any photos with the ads so I can't say what the people looked like but that was the feeling that I got from it.

There seems to be so many words that people will use to describe themselves in an attempt to interest others and without making themselves sound fat. You've got the "plump", "zaftig", and many more. I've even heard a woman describe her body as being "rounded". Personally, I wouldn't think that using a word like "rounded" to describe a person's body shape or weight would be a good idea but maybe there is just something that I'm missing.

This is probably the female equivalent of husky...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home